We are excited to announce the third edition of ESRA! 39 countries from 5 continents have joined the first wave of this edition. The survey will take place in summer 2023 and will follow the same methodological approach as in ESRA1 and ESRA2 to maintain consistency, efficiency and reliability. The reports will be made available late 2023 and 2024.
In ESRA3 E-scooters is introduced as a a new target group to the questionnaire. It will also include regional questions on road safety, expanding the themes covered to 10.
Vias institute in Brussels (Belgium) coordinated the ESRA3 survey in close collaboration with the ten partners of the steering committee:
- BASt - Federal Highway Research Institute, Germany
- DTU - Technical University of Denmark
- EIFFEL UNIV - Université Gustave Eiffel, France
- IATSS - International Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences, Japan
- ITS - Motor Transport Institute, Poland
- KFV - Austrian Road Safety Board, Austria
- NTUA - National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- PRP - Portuguese Road Safety Association, Portugal
- SWOV - Institute for Road Safety Research, Netherlands
- TIRF - Traffic Injury Research Foundation, Canada
IRF supported ESRA3 Country fact sheets with contextual information on exposure.